Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

2nd verse same as the first....

Ok, so maybe it should be like second post, but not quite the same as the first....

I've trolling the various food blogs out there, some of them I am starting to visit quite frequently.  I'm a little slow to the punch sometimes and I never realized just how many food blogs are out there. My husband will eventually drag me into the 21st century!  Some are pretty basic and then there are others that are pretty pretentious, which make me want to write a comment "aren't you just full of yourself...I'm surprised that you can stand-up straight, with your head being so big!" But alas, I don't.  The blogs I do enjoy reading, seem to be written by very down-to-earth people, not unlike myself (at least I hope I am).

One in particular Farmgirl Fare has some pretty good recipes on it as well as funny stories/cute pictures regarding her life on a farm in Missouri.  I tried one of her recipes last night, from a collaboration blog A Year in Bread, the FarmHouse White.  I actually kneaded 5lbs of dough!!!!!! They even turned out pretty good! Although I did make one little mistake and forget to add the second half of the salt during the kneading, but that's ok, I'll remember next time.  That's what happens when you have a 2 1/2 year old insisting on helping! One loaf was an overachiever and puffed up a lot more than the other two (picture above), but that may have been because I just eye-balled the size of the dough and didn't weight them - we really need to get a food scale if I keep this whole baking thing up!  The crumb was quite nice and the crust was crusty, though you could tell the salt was missing in the taste.  Oh well, live and learn!  I would show a picture of the final product (especially my little overachiever) but alas, its halfway gone already and the other two are wrapped and in the freezer. Next time, next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment